Writing a Great Manuscript (or How to Get Published)
The Geochemical Society and Meteoritical Society jointly sponsor Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta (GCA). Along with GCA publisher Elsevier, the societies are offering this free webinar to share tips on writing a successful paper. Join this 90-minute session to learn about:
- GCA's scope and the types of research it publishes in geochemistry and cosmochemistry
- Communicating your results clearly and succinctly
- Polishing your manuscript for submission
- How the peer review process works
- Making the most of constructive reviewer comments to improve your paper
A panel of current GCA editors will share their perspective on what makes a good paper and preview some common reasons for papers to be rejected and how you can avoid those pitfalls. While the topical coverage of GCA is specific to that journal, the best practices offered during the webinar will be widely applicable to any academic publication.
The session will be presented live twice to accommodate members in different time zones. The content of each session will be the same.
Wednesday, April 13 at 11:00 EDT/17:00 CEST/20:30 IST/23:00 CST