The Goldschmidt Conference is the joint annual meeting of the Geochemical Society and the European Association of Geochemistry. Both societies are committed to making the conference accessible to students and early career scientists. The Goldschmidt Grant Program provides funding from a variety of sources to help students and early career scientists attend the meeting. The societies devote our own resources to these grants and well as seeking outside support. A major goal of the program is opening the meeting to scientists from countries and backgrounds that have often lacked the resources to participate.
Extended Grant Program--Waived Registration Only
The GS and EAG are still offering free or reduced-cost registration for students and certain early career scientists to participate in the virtual conference.
The program provides waived registration fees in the following categories:
- Students and early career scientists (within 6 years of PhD) who reside in countries designated by the World Bank as "low-income" or "lower-middle-income" economies.
- US-based students (undergraduate or graduate) from underrepresented groups in the science and engineering student population, as designated by the NSF, in this case African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders, and Alaskans (with support from NSF).
- US-based students (undergraduate or graduate) from non-PhD-granting institutions (with support from NSF). Refer to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education to lookup an institution.
- US-based students (undergraduate or graduate) from any US institution who are the first generation in their families to attend college (with support from NSF).
- Students pursuing graduate degrees and post-doctoral scholars working at universities or institutions in the U.S. and its territories who are engaged in planetary science research (with support from NASA).
Applications must be submitted by 21 June, but we encourage you to apply earlier to receive a decision as soon as possible. If you do not fall into any of these categories, then registration for the online conference is only €75 for student members of either society.
The Geochemical Society gratefully acknowledges Elsevier and the journal Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta for support of grants for students from countries with low and lower-middle income economies.