Magmatic Processes: Physicochemical Principles
A volume in honor of Hatten S. Yoder, Jr.
(c) 1987 by The Geochemical Society, Edited by B.O. Mysen [ISBN 0-941809-00-5]
Table of Contents
Part A. Structure and Properties of Source Regions
Part B. Upper Mantle Partial Melting and Fractionation
Part C. Continental Margin Processes
Part D. Magma Ascent, Emplacement and Eruption
- The significance of observations at active volcanoes: A review and annotated bibliography of studies at Kilauea and Mount St. Helens - Wright, T.L. and Swanson, D.A.
- Differentiation behavior of Kilauea Iki lava lake, Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii: An overview of past and current work - Helz, R.T.
- Neutral buoyancy and the mechanical evolution of magmatic systems - Ryan, M.P.
- Steady state double-diffusive convection in magma chambers heated from below - Clark, S. et al.
- Crystal sizes in intrusions of different dimensions: Constraints on the cooling regime and the crystallization kinetics - Brandeis, G. and Jaupart, C.
- Evaluating reaction stoichiometry in magmatic systems evolving under generalized thermodynamic constraints: Examples comparing isothermal and isenthalpic assimilation - Ghiorso, M.S. and Kelemen, P.B.
- Comparison of hydrothermal systems in layered grabbros and granites, and the origin of low-18O magmas - Taylor, H.P., Jr.
Part E. Crustal Felsic Magma Properties and Processes
- The Macusani glasses, SE Peru: evidence of chemical fractionation in peraluminous magmas - Pichavant, M. et al.
- Magmatic silicate melts: Relations between bulk composition, structure and properties - Mysen, B.O.
- Determination of the mixing properties of granitic and other aluminosilicate melts by Knudesn Cell Mass Spectrometry - Fraser, D.G. and Rammensee, W.
- Calorimetric studies of melts, crystals, and glasses, especially in hydrous systems - Navrotsky, A.
- Melt viscosities in the system NaAlSi3O8-H2O-F2O-1 - Dingwell, D.B.
- The calculated individual effects of pressure and water on phase equilibria in the granite system - Nekvasil, H. and Burnham, C.W.
- Evolution of granitic magmas during ascent: A phase equilibrium model - Sykes, M.L. and Holloway, J.R.