Introductory Student Memberships
What is it?
To encourage broader international participation, the Geochemical Society offers free memberships to students from under-represented countries. This student membership has all the Benefits of Membership including a print subscription to Elements magazine and online access to the entire Elements magazine archive.
Do I qualify?
To qualify, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be a first-time member of the Geochemical Society.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a geochemistry related Masters or Doctorate program at a qualified institution in a qualified country. Applications will not be considered from students in Australia, Canada, China, European Union members and candidates, Japan, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, or the United States. (Together, these countries constitute 95% of the membership of the Geochemical Society.) Students from all other countries are eligible to apply.
How do I apply?
Applications may be submitted via email to the GS business office at email@example.com. Please include this information for each student:
• Student Name and contact information, including email address
• Institution and Department
• Student’s Primary Field of Research
• Student’s Planned Graduation Year
• Advisor Name (Advisors may be contacted to verify student status)
• Advisor Email Address