Mantle Petrology: Field Observations and High Pressure Experimentation
A Tribute to Francis R. (Joe) Boyd
(c) 1999 by The Geochemical Society. Edited by Y. Fei, C.M. Bertka and B.O. Mysen [ISBN 0-941809-05-6]
Table of Contents
Part 1. Field Observations
- The thickness and heat production of Archean lithosphere: constraints from xenolith thermobarometry and surface heat flow - Rudnick, R.L. and Nyblade, A.A.
- The composition and origin of sub-continental lithospheric mantle - Griffin, W.L. et al.
- Young geochemical features in cratonic peridotites from southern Africa and Siberia - Shimizu, N.
- Evolution of cratonic lithosperic mantle: an isotopic perspective - Pearson, D.G.
- Mantle structural geology from seismic anisotropy - Silver, P. et al.
- Diamond formation and kimberlite-clan magmatism in cratonic settings - Haggerty, S E.
- Lower mantle mineral associations in diamonds from São Luiz, Brazil - Harte, B. et al.
- Conditions of magma generation for Archean komatiites from the Barberton Mountainland, South Africa - Grove, T.L. et al.
Part 2.High-Pressure Experimentation
- Temperatures and pressures of mineral equilibration in peridotite xenoliths: Review, discussion, and implications - Smith, D.
- Phase transitions in the Earth’s mantle and mantle mineralogy - Fei, Y. and Bertka, C.M.
- Effect of presssure on the franctional crystallization of basaltic magma - Presnall, D.C.
- Melting residues of fertile peridotite and the origin of cratonic lithosphere - Walter, M.J.
- Phase equilibrium constraints on the formation of cratonic mantle - Herzberg, C.
- Phase relations of hydrous mantle subducting to 300 km - Ulmer, P. and Trommsdorff, V.
- The stability of dense hydrous magnesium silicates in Earth’s transition zone and lower mantle - Frost, D.J.
- Carbon and carbonates in the mantle - Luth, R.W.