Stable Isotope Geochemistry
A Tribute to Samuel Epstein
(c) 1991 by the Geochemical Society, Edited by H.P. Tayor, J.R. O'Neill and I.R. Kaplan [ISBN 0-941809-02-1]
Table of Contents
Part A. Experimental and Theoretical Isotopic Fractionation
- Oxygen isotopic thermometer calibrations - Clayton, R.N.
- Temperature dependence of isotopic fractionation factors - Criss, R.E.
- Oxygen isotope fractionation studies of solute-water interactions - O'Neil, J.R. and Truesdell, A.H.
- Oxygen diffusion in leucite: Structural controls - Muehlenbachs, K. and Connolly, C.
- An experimental study of oxygen isotope partitioning between silica glass and CO2 vapor - Stolper, E. and Epstein, S.
- D/H analysis of minerals by ion probe - Deloule, E. et al.
Part B. The Hydrosphere and Ancient Oceans
- Oxygen isotope history of seawater revisited: Timescales for boundary event changes in the oxygen isotope
composition of seawater - Gregory, R.T.
- Oxygen and hydrogen isotope compositions of oceanic plutonic rocks: High-temperature deformation and metamorphism of oceanic layer 3 - Stakes, D.S.
- The hydrogen and oxygen isotope history of the Silurian-Permian hydrosphere as determined by direct measurement of fossil water - Knauth, L. P., and Roberts, S. K.
- Oxygen isotopes in phosphates of fossil fish - Devonian to Recent - Kolodny, Y. and Luz, B.
- Dolomitization of the Hope Gate Formation (north Jamaica) by seawater: Reassessment of mixing-zone dolomite - Land, L.S.
- Fossil meteoric groundwaters in the Delaware Basin of southeastern New Mexico - Lambert, S.J.
Part C. Climatology and Glaciology
- The heavy isotope enrichment of water in coupled evaporative systems - Gat, J.R. and Bowser, C.
- The elusive climate signal in the isotopic composition of precipitation - Lawrence, J.R. and White, J.W.C.
- Stable oxygen and hydrogen isotope ratios in shallow ground waters from India and a study of the role of evapotranspiration in the Indian monsoon - Krishnamurty, R.V. and Bhattacharya, S.K.
- Stable isotopic composition of waters in a small Piedmont watershed - Wenner, D.B. et al.
- Isotopic changes during the formation of depth hoar in experimental snowpacks - Sommerfeld, R.A. et al.
- Isotopic changes during snow metamorphism - Friedman, I. et al.
- The glacial/interglacial temperature range of surface water of the oceans at low latititudes - Emiliani, C. and Ericson, D.B.
- Is the Postglacial artificial? - Emiliani, C. et al.
Part D. Paleoenvironment and Archeaology
- Osteocalcin as the recommended biopolymer for 14C age dating of bone and δ13C and δ15N paleodietary reconstruction - Ajie, H.O. and Kaplan, I.R.
- The relationship between stable oxygen and hydrogen isotope ratios of water in astomatal plants - Cooper, L.W. et al.
- 13C/12C ratios of the Fe(III) carbonate component in natural goethites - Yapp, C.J., and Poths, H.
- Oxygen isotope studies of zeolites: Stilbite, analcime, heulandite, and clinoptilolite-I. Analytical techniques - Feng, X., and Savin, S.M.
- Eolian inputs of lead to the South Pacific via rain and dry deposition from industrial and natural sources - Settle, D.M. and Patterson, C.C.
- Stable isotopes and the Roman marble trade - evidence from Scythopolis and Caesarea, Israel - Pearl, Z. and Magaritz, M.
Part E. Igneous and Metamorphic Geochemistry
- Comparisons of 18O/16O and 87Sr/86Sr in volcanic rocks from the Pontine Islands, M. Ernici, and Campania, with other areas in Italy - Turi, B. et al.
- Hydrogen, sulphur and neodymium isotope variations in the mantle beneath the EPR at 12°50'N - Chaussidon, M. et al.
- Degassing of Obsidian Dome rhyolite, Inyo volcanic chain, California - Taylor, B.E.
- Application of stable isotopes in identifying a major Hercynian synplutonic rift zone and its associated meteoric-hydrothermal activity, southern Schwarzwald, Germany - Taylor, H.P., Jr. et al.
- An oxygen and hydrogen isotope study of high-grade metamorphism and anatexis in the Ruby Mountains - East Humboldt Range core complex, Nevada - Wickham, S.M. et al.
- Daughter-parent isotope systematics in U-Th-bearing igneous accessory mineral aseemblages as potential indices of metamorphic history: A discussion of the concept - Silver, L.T.
- Retrograde exchange of hydrogen isotopes between hydrous minerals and water at low temperatures - Kyser, T. K., and Kerrich, R.
Part F. Ore Deposits and Hydrothermal Alteration
- Stable isotope studies of quartz-vein type tungsten deposits in Dajishan Mine, Jiangxi Province, Southeast China - Shieh, Y.-N. and Zhang, G.-X.
- Oxygen isotope study of the fossil hydrothermal system in the Comstock Lode mining district, Nevada - Criss, R.E. and Champion, D.E.
- Oxygen isotope studies of Jurassic fossil hydrothermal systems, Mojave Desert, southeastern California - Solomon, G.C. and Taylor, H.P., Jr.
- Variations in δ18O values, water/rock ratios, and water flux in the Rico paleothermal anomaly, Colorado - Larson, P.B. and Zimmerman, B.S.