Magmatic Processes: Physicochemical Principles
A volume in honor of Hatten S. Yoder, Jr.
(c) 1987 by The Geochemical Society, Edited by B.O. Mysen [ISBN 0-941809-00-5]
Table of Contents
Part A. Structure and Properties of Source Regions
- The depths of mantle reservoirs - Anderson, D.L.
- Composition and structure of the Kaapvaal lithosphere - Boyd, F.R. and Mertzman, S.A.
- Magma density at high pressure. Part 1: The effect of composition on the elastic properties of silicate liquids - Herzberg, C.T.
- Magma density at high pressure. Part 2: A test of the olivine flotation hypothesis - Herzberg, C.T.
- Pressure dependence of the viscosity of silicate melts - Scarfe, C.M. et al.
- Physics of magma segregation processes - Turcotte, D.L.
Part B. Upper Mantle Partial Melting and Fractionation
- High pressure phase equilibrium constraints on the origin of mid-ocean ridge basalts - Presnall, D.C. and Hoover, J.D.
- Dry peralkaline felsic liquids and carbon dioxide flux through the Kenya rift zone - Bailey, D.K. and Macdonald, R.
- Transfer of subcratonic carbon into kimberlites and rare earth carbonatites - Wyllie, P.J.
- The petrogenetic role of methane: Effect on liquidus phase relations and the solubility mechanism of reduced C-H volatiles - Taylor, W.R. and Green, D.H.
- Mantle-derived magmas - roles of variable source peridotite and variable C-H-O fluid compositions - Green, D.H. et al.
Part C. Continental Margin Processes
- Continental crust subducted to depths near 100 km: Implications for magma and fluid genesis in collision zones - Schreyer, W. et al.
- A petrological model of the mantle wedge and lower crust in the Japanese island arcs - Kushiro, I.
- Impact of hornblende crystallization for the genesis of calc-alkalic andesites - Yagi, K. and Takeshita, H.
- Mafic meta-igneous arc rocks of apparent komatiitic affinities, Sawyers Bar area, central Klamath Mountains, northern California - Ernst, W.G.
- Studies of volcanic series related to the origin of some marginal sea floors - Prechuk, L.L.
Part D. Magma Ascent, Emplacement and Eruption
- The significance of observations at active volcanoes: A review and annotated bibliography of studies at Kilauea and Mount St. Helens - Wright, T.L. and Swanson, D.A.
- Differentiation behavior of Kilauea Iki lava lake, Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii: An overview of past and current work - Helz, R.T.
- Neutral buoyancy and the mechanical evolution of magmatic systems - Ryan, M.P.
- Steady state double-diffusive convection in magma chambers heated from below - Clark, S. et al.
- Crystal sizes in intrusions of different dimensions: Constraints on the cooling regime and the crystallization kinetics - Brandeis, G. and Jaupart, C.
- Evaluating reaction stoichiometry in magmatic systems evolving under generalized thermodynamic constraints: Examples comparing isothermal and isenthalpic assimilation - Ghiorso, M.S. and Kelemen, P.B.
- Comparison of hydrothermal systems in layered grabbros and granites, and the origin of low-18O magmas - Taylor, H.P., Jr.
Part E. Crustal Felsic Magma Properties and Processes
- The Macusani glasses, SE Peru: evidence of chemical fractionation in peraluminous magmas - Pichavant, M. et al.
- Magmatic silicate melts: Relations between bulk composition, structure and properties - Mysen, B.O.
- Determination of the mixing properties of granitic and other aluminosilicate melts by Knudesn Cell Mass Spectrometry - Fraser, D.G. and Rammensee, W.
- Calorimetric studies of melts, crystals, and glasses, especially in hydrous systems - Navrotsky, A.
- Melt viscosities in the system NaAlSi3O8-H2O-F2O-1 - Dingwell, D.B.
- The calculated individual effects of pressure and water on phase equilibria in the granite system - Nekvasil, H. and Burnham, C.W.
- Evolution of granitic magmas during ascent: A phase equilibrium model - Sykes, M.L. and Holloway, J.R.