A Tribute to H.P. Eugster
(c) 1990 by The Geochemical Society. Edited by Ronald J. Spencer and I-Ming Chou [ISBN 0-941809-01-3]
Table of Contents
Part A. Experimental Techniques and Buffers
- Quantitative redox control and measurement in hydrothermal experiments - Chou, I-M. and Cygan, G.L.
- A new hydrothermal technique for redox sensing using buffer capsules - Ulmer, G.C. and Grandstaff, D.E.
- Reversed equilibrium solubility of a high-magnesium calcite - Lafon, G.M.
- Dissolution kinetics of calcite in the H2O-CO2 system along the steam saturation curve to 210°C - Talman, S.J. et al.
Part B. Igneous and Metamorphic Systems
- The aluminum content of hornblende in calc-alkaline granitic rocks: A mineralogic barometer calibrated experimentally to 12 kbars - Thomas, W.M. and Ernst, W.G.
- On plagioclase thermometry in island arc rocks: Experiments and theory - Marsh, B.D. et al.
- Crystallization history of a pyroxenite xenolith in a granulite inferred from chemical and single-crystal Xray data - Frýda, J. and Rieder, M.
- Fe-Ti oxide-silicate equilibria: Assemblages with orthopyroxene - Lindsley, D.H. et al.
- Control of material transport and reaction mechanisms by metastable mineral assemblages: An example involving kyanite, sillimanite, muscovite and quartz - Foster, C.T., Jr.
- The exploration of reaction space - Fisher, G.W.
Part C. Hydrothermal and Ore Systems
- Ironstones of mixed sedimentary and hydrothermal origin in the Archean greenstone belt at Bird Lake, Manitoba - Turnock, A.C. and Trueman, D.L.
- Partitioning of base metals between silicates, oxides, and a chloride-rich hydrothermal fluid. Part. I. Evaluation of data derived from experimental and natural assemblages - Ilton, E.S. and Eugster, H.P.
- Partitioning of base metals between silicates, oxides, and a chloride-rich hydrothermal fluid. Part. II. Some aspects of base metal fractionation during isothermal metasomatism - Ilton, E.S.
- Cassiterite solubility and tin speciation in supercritical chloride solutions - Wilson, G.A. and Eugster, H.P.
Part D. Diagenetic Systems
- Clay-carbonate reactions in the Venture area, Scotian Shelf, Nova Scotia, Canada -Hutcheon, I.
- Normative analysis of groundwaters from the Rustler Formation associated with the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP), southeastern New Mexico - Bodine, M.W., Jr. and Jones, B.F.
- Thermochemistry of the formation of fossil fuels - Sato, M.
- Paleohydrogeology of the Colorado Plateau - background and conceptual models - Sanford, R.F.
Part E. Surface Environments
- Trace metal geochemistry of Walker, Mono, and Great Salt Lakes - Domagalski, J.L. et al.
- Groundwater evolution, authigenic carbonates and sulphates, of the Basque Lake No. 2 Basin, Canada - Nesbitt, H.W.
- Saturation state of natural waters in Iceland relative to primary and secondary minerals in basalts - Gíslason, S.R. and Arnórsson, S.
- Origin of potash salts and brines in the Qaidam Basin, China - Spencer, R.J. et al.
- Control of seawater composition by mixing of river waters and mid-ocean ridge hydrothermal brines - Spencer, R.J. and Hardie, L.A.