[Nine bloggers have been chosen. Follow along at http://geochemicalnews.wordpress.com/ ]
The Geochemical Society is looking for attendees of the 2009 Goldschmidt meeting in Davos, Switzerland to join GS President Martin Goldhaber in blogging about the meeting. All levels of experience--from undergraduates to emeriti--are encouraged to participate. No previous blogging experience required! The blog will appear on the GS homepage and will be an interactive tool for those on-site as well as those unable to attend. Please consider this unique opportunity to contribute to the society!
- Must be attending the 2009 Goldschmidt conference
- Must have access to the internet while at Goldschmidt
- Must have command of English grammar
- Must have ability to write interesting and comprehensible blog entries
- Ability to attend the 'Earth's Future' panel discussion on Wednesday, June 24 is a plus
- Ability to attend the morning plenary talks is a plus
- Post at least one blog entry per day while at Goldschmidt
- If necessary, address questions related to posts
- 2009 (or 2010 if already a current member) Geochemical Society Membership
- Geochemical Society T-shirt
- Choice of one book (GS Special Publications or RiMG volumes)
- Ticket to the Conference dinner on Wednesday June 24
The deadline for applications is May 27, 2009.
All interested contributors should email the following information to Seth Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), please write "Goldschmidt Blogger" in the subject line.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Position/experience level
- If student, degree you are seeking and expected completion date along with your advisor's name and email address
- Your field(s) of interest
- Dates you will attend the Goldschmidt conference
- Sessions you plan to attend
- Do you plan to attend the Earth's Future panel discussion?
- Do you plan to attend the the plenary talks?
- Your T-shirt size (women-please indicate the equivalent men's size)
- Book Preference - list either a Special Publication or RIMG title
All submissions will be acknowledge by email within 24 hours. If you do not receive an email then your submission was not received. Another email will be sent when the final selections are made.